“Doing a startup is hard, and it’s the team that makes it work and makes it enjoyable.”
1. Tell us about your role in Fugue?
I’m a co-founder and CTO at Fugue. I focus on helping set the technology direction for our product, which provides autonomous cloud security and compliance solutions to help enterprises innovate fast while ensuring their cloud infrastructure stays secure. And I work closely with our customers and I speak about cloud computing and cloud security.
2. Can you tell us about your journey into this market?
Fugue is about making computing more deterministic and secure. Cloud simultaneously allows for rapid innovation and opens the door to a lot of chaos. Fugue provides the ability to innovate quickly, without making dangerous mistakes. Enterprises need to innovate quickly, but without putting their sensitive data at risk.
3. How do you think technology is upgrading all the business functions?
Technology has two primary benefits to business; automation and communication. In many business functions, a great deal of what humans have had to do manually can now be automated, which frees the humans to do more complex and creative tasks. Communication technology allows more direct interaction with customers and within the business, which provides faster and more accurate insights.
4. How do you think the introduction of cloud is benefitting various Enterprises?
Largely by the reduction of undifferentiated heavy lifting. Cloud allows enterprises to build business value without having to do things like procure and manage IT datacenter infrastructure.
5. Given the massive proliferation of Cloud Security, how do you see your company evolving over the next few years?
Fugue has unique technology that provides autonomous cloud operations and self-healing infrastructure. Modern threats to cloud infrastructure are automated and they move faster than any human-centered response can react. Folks are only now becoming comfortable with these ideas, so Fugue is well positioned to provide a path to the future to our customers.
6. What’s your smartest work-related shortcut or productivity hack?
Don’t “multitask”. Concentrate fully on one thing at a time until it is completed.
7. How do you prepare for an AI-Centric World as a marketing leader?
8. What advice would you like to give to the Tech. StartUps?
Work on a truly difficult problem, hire carefully, and focus on your customers and quality.
9. What is the Digital innovation according to you that will mark 2019?
There are many innovations going on in tech right now, but one of the most profound is somewhat hidden from the users; the rise of functional programming. From AWS’ Lambda, to Clojure and Haskell, the world is finally realizing the merits of FP, which lay dormant for a decade or more.
10. What is the vision, on which you and Fugue are working on?
Autonomous cloud infrastructure. Fugue is focused on securing infrastructure in an autonomous and self-healing way, but security is really just the beginning. Cloud users should be able to deploy and maintain their business logic without having to worry about operations and security.
11. What are the major developments you are planning, in recent time?
Fugue continues to expand our libraries of compliance rules and additional cloud providers, and we’ll continue to make it easier for enterprise cloud security teams to keep data safe and application teams to keep innovating faster.
12. Can you tell us about your team and how it supports you?
The greatest joy in founding a company is bringing together an awesome team. We support each other in all our endeavors. Doing a startup is hard, and it’s the team that makes it work and makes it enjoyable.
13. Which is the Movie that inspires you the most?
Lawrence of Arabia. “Of course it hurts. The trick is not to care!”
14. We have heard that you have a very joyful work culture, so can you share with us some of the fun pictures of your workplace?
15. Can you give us a glance of the applications you use on your phone?
Mainly the standard ones – email, calendar, Slack. I do use Wolfram Alpha a fair amount as well as the News app on the iPhone.