The company aims to scale operations and market reach with their proven multi-specialty autonomous coding platform and machine learning technology
CodaMetrix (CMX), artificial intelligence (AI)–powered technology platform provider that aims to transform the healthcare revenue cycle, today announced the expansion of the company’s leadership team with the addition of five healthtech executives. The experience and expertise of this team will allow CodaMetrix to scale commercial operations, sales, and continue to extend autonomous coding use cases into new specialty areas.
“More than 25% of our healthcare spending is wasted on administrative functions including complex and highly manual revenue cycle processes. Medical coding is by far the costliest component of the revenue cycle, while it also plays a critical role in clinical care, population health, analytics, research and clinical trials,” said Hamid Tabatabaie, President and CEO of CodaMetrix. “Coding is an area of healthcare where applying advanced AI and machine learning (ML) can have a significant impact. We have now proven that the CMX multi-specialty platform can autonomously code over 70% of the applicable volume while increasing quality, reducing the cost of coding, decreasing denials, and reducing administrative burden on clinical staff so they can spend more time caring for patients. With this team in place, we’ve begun our growth and expansion phase.”
“We have assembled a fantastic leadership team to complement our incredible technology, product, and company,” said Michael Mercurio, EVP of Strategic Partnerships, a co-founder of CodaMetrix, and VP of Physician Revenue Services at Mass General Brigham (MGB). “This executive team has extensive experience scaling and leading the commercialization of transformational healthcare solutions and will help execute CodaMetrix’s mission to use AI to make medical coding a largely autonomous function.”
Additions to the executive leadership team include:
- Tara Bradley as Chief of Staff and Customer Success. Tara has 20 years of experience in scaling operations and building out teams in technology and healthtech companies, with a focus on revenue cycle management solutions.
- Tony Confrey as EVP of Research and Development. Tony has led large scale technology development teams in the healthtech industry and healthcare revenue cycle. His experience in AI and platform development will be highly valuable in expanding CodaMetrix’s engineering and AI teams.
- Evan Grossman as Chief Product Officer. Evan is an entrepreneurial executive who has led product strategy, partner relations, and operations in transformative healthcare technology and highly impactful digital health companies.
- Mark Pottle as Chief Financial Officer. Mark has been leading executive financial operations in healthcare software solution companies for nearly 25 years.
- Jim Whelan as Chief Revenue Officer. Jim brings over 20 years of executive leadership in mission-driven, early-stage healthcare organizations, building, strengthening, and leading high-performance sales and marketing teams.
CodaMetrix’s AI technology was initially developed at the Massachusetts General Physician Organization (MGPO), one of the largest specialty medical groups in the United States. Today, CodaMetrix’s advanced AI platform is deployed at Mass General Brigham (MGB) and several other prestigious health systems, representing over 20,000 providers, processing and autonomously coding millions of radiology and pathology encounters. Tabatabaie continued: “Our customers are expanding their use of our multi-specialty autonomous coding platform to address their diverse coding needs across the spectrum of medical specialties. This capable team is here to use our proven platform to significantly expand our customer base and to deliver on plans to add surgery, gastroenterology, inpatient professional coding, and emergency department services to use cases supported by our platform during 2023 and beyond.”
To learn more about CodaMetrix, join the leadership team at Becker’s Health IT + Digital Health + Revenue Cycle Management Annual Meeting (booth 1127), October 4-7, 2022, in Chicago, Illinois. For more information on the CMX multi-specialty AI coding platform, schedule a demo at https://codametrix.com/contact-us/.