Top automotive executives and government representatives will detail the latest cybersecurity threats and best safety practices at the second Billington Automotive Cybersecurity Summit on Aug. 3 at Cobo Center in Detroit.
Speakers include General Motors President Dan Ammann, Sen. Gary Peters, former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, FBI Assistant Deputy Director Paul Abbate, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Deputy Administrator Heidi King and speakers from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Cummins, Daimler AG, Toyota, Cruise and Ford Motor Company.
In the age of connected and autonomous cars, cybersecurity is a top priority for automakers and their suppliers. General Motors President Dan Ammann will speak at the opening of the Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit, highlighting the importance the industry places on having cyber-secure cars. Former DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff will base his keynote on his new book out this month, “Exploding Data: Reclaiming our Cybersecurity in the Digital Age.”
Thirty speakers (latest list below) will address the cybersecurity issues surrounding the rapidly evolving global automotive and mobility landscape and highlight cybersecurity best practices. See the agenda at the Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit.
“The auto sector is undergoing unprecedented disruption and innovation with autonomous vehicle deployments on the horizon,” said Thomas K. Billington, CEO, Billington CyberSecurity. “We are honored that 30 decision-makers will address how cybersecurity must be a cornerstone for autonomous and connected vehicle safety.”
Attendees shared exceptional feedback after attending the first auto cybersecurity summit.
Kristen Judge, Director of Special Projects at the National Cyber Security Alliance, said that the first “Automotive CyberSecurity Summit was truly the most useful cyber event I have ever attended.”
Bradford Wernle from Automotive News wrote that “If the 500-strong crowd at the Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit here today is any indication, cybersecurity now has the automobile industry’s undivided attention.”
At this year’s summit, gain solutions and insights from 30 cybersecurity thought leaders. Plus:
- Hear how the head of NHTSA views automotive cybersecurity best practices
- Understand how the major OEMs and other automotive executives view future best practices
- Learn about the cyber threat landscape in the automotive and trucking sector
- Hear the views directly from officials at the FBI, NHTSA, DHS and the U.S. Senate
- Learn about the future of autonomous vehicles and cybersecurity
- Understand how automotive cyber threats — perceived or real – affect a business
- Discover how cyber executives are effectively engaging the C-Suite
- Build partnerships with senior peers and colleagues across OEMs, Tier 1 and Tier 2 companies, security researchers, academia and technology companies
- Understand the new paradigms in information sharing and how one’s company fits in
View the complete Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit agenda at www.billingtoncybersecurity.com.
Register today and secure a seat today at this breakthrough summit. (Government officials receive complimentary admission, but must register.)
- Paul Abbate, Associate Deputy Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Nat Beuse, Associate Administrator, Vehicle Safety Research, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Jason Bilnoski, Supervisory Special Agent, Detroit Field Office, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- John Felker, Director, National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center, Dept. of Homeland Security
- Victoria Hildebrand, CIO, U.S. Dept. of Transportation (invited)
- Heidi King, Deputy Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- The Honorable Gary Peters, U.S. Senate
- Daniel Ammann, President, General Motors Company
- Thomas K. Billington, Chairman and Founder, Billington CyberSecurity
- Mark Chernoby, Chief Technical Compliance Officer, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N. V.
- Michael Chertoff, Fmr. Sec. of Homeland Security (2005-2009) and Executive Chairman, The Chertoff Group
- Denis Cosgrove, Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton
- John Cotner, Security Architect – Automotive, NXP Semiconductors
- Josh Davis, Chief Cybersecurity Officer & Vice President, Toyota Motor North America & Toyota Connected
- Faye Francy, Executive Director, Automotive Information Sharing and Analysis Center (Auto-ISAC)
- Larry Hilkene, Product Cybersecurity Director, Cummins
- Josh Jaffe, Global CISO, Daimler Financial Services
- Stacy Janes, Chief Security Architect, Irdeto
- Josh Knopp, CISO, Enterprise Holdings
- Jay Leek, Managing Director, ClearSky Security
- Dan Lohrmann, Chief Security Officer (CSO) and Chief Strategist, Security Mentor Inc.
- Brad Maiorino, Executive Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Jeffrey Massimilla, Vice President, Global Cybersecurity, General Motors Company
- Kristie Pfosi, Automotive Cyber Security Senior Manager, Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
- Tim Piastrelli, CISO, Cruise
- Jeff Stewart, Assistant Vice President, External & Legislative Affairs, Global Public Policy – Wireless, AT&T
- Tom Stricker, Vice President, Product Regulatory Affairs, Toyota Motor North America
- Dr. André Weimerskirch, Vice President, Cybersecurity and Functional Safety, Lear Corporation
- Sean Wessman, Principal and US Cybersecurity Leader, Client Outcomes, EY
- Joe White, Global Automotive Industry Editor, Reuters – Detroit
- Brian Witten, Head of Advanced Technologies, Office of the CTO, Symantec
To sponsor, contact Peggy Holland at email@example.com or call 301-641-4150.
The Premier Sponsor of the Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit is General Motors Company and the Knowledge Partner is Booz Allen Hamilton.
Platinum sponsors include The Chertoff Group, Cloakware by Irdeto, EY, Symantec and Toyota.
Gold Sponsors include Deloitte and Security Mentor.
The Exhibitor is Intrepid Control Systems.
Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit is proud to receive the support of several associations: AutoMobilityLA, Auto-ISAC, ISSA Michigan, InfraGard Michigan , NAIAS , NDIA and PCI.
For more information, visit http://www.billingtoncybersecurity.com.
Sandy Nuwar, Billington CyberSecurity, Sandy@billingtoncybersecurity.com
Jake Serwer, Espresso Public Relations LLC, Jake@espressopublicrelations.com
Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit
SOURCE Billington CyberSecurity
Resource Url: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gm-president-dan-ammann-and-former-dhs-secretary-michael-chertoff-opening-keynotes-at-automotive-cybersecurity-summit-in-detroit-300682696.html